Intermediate Installation- Four day training event that covers a variety of topics and includes gaining hands-on experience at an intermediate level. Sharpen your installation skills, including jobsite evaluation and preparation, installation techniques, safety, flooring repairs. This training features a hands-on approach to installing unfinished and factory finished solid and engineered wood floors, including thorough training of installation methods for nail-down, glue-down and floating floors. Learn how to incorporate simple design elements to a wood floor. PREREQUISTE: must have minimum of 1 year installing wood floors OR successful completion of the Principles of Wood Flooring school. Receive 4 CCUs
INSTALLATION CERTIFICATION TESTING - Friday, March 25, San Jose, CA
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in wood flooring installation and
2. Successful completion of Intermediate, Advanced or Expert level Installation Training or NWFA Installation Certification School or approved manufacturer school
3. Must be a member in good standing with National Wood Flooring Association
To earn Certified Installation Professional status you must pass an online written test and a hands-on/skills test.
Online Test: You must complete and pass the online test prior to the hands-on test. If you fail the online written test, you can apply to retest. The same testing fees apply.
Hands-On Test: The hands-on portion of the Installation Certification is designed to demonstrate technical mastery of the following wood flooring installation skills:
1. ENGINEERED WOOD FLOOR GLUE-DOWN OVER CONCRETE SUB-FLOOR
2. SOLID WOOD NAIL-DOWN ON WOOD SUB-FLOOR
3. DRY LAY HERRINGBONE INSTALLATION
4. REPLACE A BOARD IN EXISTING FLOOR
5. INSTALL FLOATING FLOOR OVER CONCRETE SLAB
If taking hands-on exam at NWFA training, all tools and supplies will be provided, unless otherwise notified. For more information on certification please contact Sharon Schaller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-418-5408.
Receive one CCU upon successful completion of class and testing.