Intermediate Sand& Finish - Four day training event that provides extensive hands-on training for sanding and finishing wood floors at an intermediate level. Learn how to properly sand various species, correctly use and maintain tools, repair and recoat existing floors, and select finishing techniques that will yield top-quality results. Receive hands-on training for techniques including board replacement, hand-scraping, repairing finish imperfections and recoat/resanding methods for factory finished floors. Learn how to properly flatten a wood floor, minimize scratch patterns and bring the wood to an optimal state for stain and finish application. PREREQUISTE: must have minimum 1 year sand and finishing wood floors OR successful completion of the Principles of Wood Flooring school. Receive 4 CCUs
SAND & FINISH CERTIFICATION TESTING - Friday, June 10, St. Louis, MO
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in sanding & finishing of wood floors and
2. Successful completion of Intermediate, Advanced or Expert level Sand & Finish Training or NWFA Sand & Finish Certification School or approved manufacturer school
3. Must be a member in good standing with National Wood Flooring Association
To earn Certified Sand & Finish Professional status you must pass an online sand & finish written test and a hands-on/skills test.
Online Test: You must complete and pass the online test prior to the hands-on test. If you fail the online written test, you can apply to retest. The same testing fees apply.
Hands-On Test: The hands-on portion of the Sand & Finish Certification is designed to demonstrate technical mastery of the following wood flooring sand & finish skills:
1. ROUGH SANDING UNFINISHED STRIP FLOORING
2. SANDING AND APPLYING STAIN COAT
3. APPLY SEAL COAT
4. PREPARE AND APPLY FINAL COAT TO PREFINISHED OR PREVIOUSLY FINISHED STRIP FLOOR
If taking hands-on exam at NWFA training, all tools and supplies will be provided, unless otherwise notified. For more information on certification please contact Sharon Schaller at email@example.com or call 866-418-5408
Receive one CCU after successfully completing training and testing.