Intermediate Installation is a four-day training that covers a variety of topics and includes gaining hands-on experience at an intermediate level. Sharpen your installation skills, including jobsite evaluation and preparation, installation techniques, safety, flooring repairs. This training features a hands-on approach to installing unfinished and factory finished solid and engineered wood floors, including thorough training of installation methods for nail-down, glue-down and floating floors. Learn how to incorporate simple design elements to a wood floor.
PREREQUISTE: minimum of 1 year installing wood floors OR successful completion of the Principles of Wood Flooring school.
INSTALLATION CERTIFICATION TESTING available Friday, August 12.
Prerequisite to test:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in wood flooring installation
- Successful completion of Intermediate, Advanced or Expert level Installation Training or NWFA Installation Certification School or approved manufacturer school
- NWFA member in good standing
To earn Certified Installer status, you must pass an online written test and a hands-on/skills test.The written test must be successfully completed before taking the hands-on test.
The hands-on test is designed to demonstrate technical mastery of the following wood flooring installation skills:
- Engineered wood floor glue-down over concrete sub-floor
- Solid wood nail-down on wood sub-floor
- Dry lay herringbone installation
- Replace a board in existing floor
- Install floating floor over concrete slab
If you choose to take the hands-on exam at this or any NWFA training, all tools and supplies will be provided, unless otherwise notified. For more information on certification please contact Sharon Schaller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.422.4556.
Receive one CCU upon successful completion of class and testing.